October 26, 2023

Shades of Inner Blue


W
elcome...
 

You are always invited into the haunted manor
Of my mind, these galleries are yours to explore--
Accost my corridor cobwebs, feel the phantasmal hospitality
Of my shadows, inquire upon my every ghost.

 ..........Open the doors
 ..........I trust you with the keys 

This mansion has many rooms, some of them locked
For decades, so many niches that have shied away
From the candle's prying flame, dungeons that have hidden
My most sullen arcana chained in quiescence...

 ..........Exorcise me. 

Throw open my creaking windows, air the apparitions
From this musty furniture, scrape the illusion
Of comfort from my faded wallpaper--
This house

 .......Has been waiting
 .......A lifetime

 ................      For you


 .........................       To unhaunt it